Slow Cooker Orange Chicken
prep time: 10 MINS
cook time: 3 HRS
total time: 3 HRS 10 MINS
This easy slow cooker orange chicken recipe served with rice is the best weeknight dinner. Tender chicken breast pieces are covered in sweet and sour sauce.
SERVINGS: 4 PEOPLE
course: MAIN COURSE
calories: 518 KCAL
- 2 pounds Boneless chicken breast cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- ¾ cup Orange marmalade
- ¼ cup Low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 1 tsp Garlic paste
- ⅛ tsp Chilli powder optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 tbsp Roasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp Finely sliced green onions
- In a slow cooker, add the chicken pieces, olive oil, sesame oil, orange marmalade, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger paste, garlic paste, chili powder (optional), salt and pepper. Mix everything together.
- Cover lid and cook on high for 2 hours.
- Remove the chicken pieces and keep aside, leaving behind the liquid.
- Add the cornstarch in the slow cooker and mix it together with the liquid. Cover lid and cook for another 30 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add the chicken pieces and mix it all together.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions. Enjoy!