Roasted Broccoli Steaks and Chickpeas with Yogurt Sauce
Roasting broccoli gives it an addicting caramelized flavor, making it an unforgettable dinner. Try my roasted broccoli steaks and chickpeas with yogurt sauce for a meatless meal!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Recipe type: Entree
Serves: 2 servings
- 1 head of broccoli, about 12 oz
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp each: salt, black pepper, red pepper flake
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp each: onion powder, garlic powder,
- ⅛ tsp each: salt, black pepper, paprika
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp red wine vinegar
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 1½ cups cooked pearled barley
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Cut broccoli head in half. Slice off the side of each half to create a ½ inch steak. Combine the 2 steaks, and the remaining florets in a large bowl.
- Whisk together olive oil, garlic, and broccoli seasonings. Pour over broccoli and toss until well coated. Transfer broccoli to a parchment lined baking sheet. Arrange using about ⅔ of the sheet so that the broccoli is not touching.
- Roll chickpeas between 2 pieces of paper towel to get them as dry as possible. Toss with olive oil.
- Transfer chickpeas to the remaining third of the parchment lined baking sheet. Bake the chickpeas and broccoli in the oven for 10 minutes. Flip broccoli and toss chickpeas, and roast 10 more minutes.
- Immediately when the chickpeas come out of the oven toss them with the spices in a medium bowl.