Oven Baked Taquitos Recipe
Oven Baked Taquitos Recipe made with a creamy black bean filling, filled with flavor and baked in the oven until golden and crispy. Only 30 minutes from start to finish, these are the perfect weeknight meal!
Course: Main Course
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 24 taquitos
- (2) 15-oz canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4-oz can diced green chiles, drained
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha hot sauce
- 1 recipe Cashew Sour Cream *may use store-bought non-dairy sour cream if desired
- 24 corn tortillas (6 inch)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Make the filling: In a large bowl, add drained black beans, drained green chiles, green onions, the spices, salt, Sriracha and 1/2 cup Cashew Sour Cream. Stir until well combined.
- Soften the tortillas: Wrap 5 corn tortillas at a time in a damp paper towel and microwave for about 30 seconds to soften. Don’t skip this part because they will be near impossible to roll them up if you do!
- Place about 2 tablespoons of the filling in each tortilla and wrap up tightly. Place seam side down on prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. Remove from oven and serve with additional Cashew Sour Cream and/or salsa for dipping.
- For picky kids, omit the green onions and hot sauce.
- These taquitos freeze well. You can freeze them before baking, or after. When you are ready to cook them, simply bake at 425 degrees until warm and crispy.