One-pan Coconut Shrimp Curry
PEOPLEPREP TIME : 5 MINS
COOK TIME: 15 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 20 MINS
It’s time to enjoy comforting food with this easy and quick to make One-pan Coconut Shrimp Curry. It’s made with onions, tomatoes, coconut milk, curry, and shrimp, ready in less than 20 minutes.
FOR THE SHRIMP
- 1 lb. shrimp — peeled and deveined
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp lime juice
FOR THE CURRY SAUCE
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil — or if you prefer you can use olive oil
- 2 cups white onions — chopped
- 1 cup orange bell pepper — chopped
- 3 cloves garlic — minced
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cups diced tomato with the juice from the can
- 1 cup green peas — frozen or fresh
- 1 ¾ cups coconut milk from the can — not carton coconut milk
- Fresh cilantro or parsley for garnishing
- In a bowl add shrimp, salt, black pepper, and lime juice. Mix everything together and let it rest for about 15 minutes.
- In a large pot, add oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Sauté until onions are tender (3-5 minutes)
- Add cumin, coriander, curry powder, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine everything well.
- Add tomatoes and green peas. Stir in the coconut milk and bring to a boil. Cook for about 3-5 minutes. Bring to a simmer and add the shrimp to the pot.
- Cook everything together for 2 minutes or until the shrimp is pink.
- Before serving, garnish with chopped cilantro or parsley.