Olive Garden Copycat Alfredo Sauce
The decadent creamy Alfredo sauce from Olive Garden can now be enjoyed in your own home with this scrumptious copycat recipe loaded with cheese, cream and a special ingredient to really take it over the top.
- 2 cups half and half (or 1 cup milk and 1 cup heavy cream)
- 1 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh shredded Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or white)
- Whisk together butter, garlic and half & half, bring to a simmer, in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add cheeses and whisk to combine. Remove from heat.
- Add cheese, a handful at a time. Stir until the cheese is melted and then add the next handful.
- Add salt and pepper. Stir until cheese sauce is smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Alfredo sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Serve and enjoy!