Chicken Zucchini (Zoodle) Soup
Chicken Zoodle Soup combines the goodness of chicken noodle soup without the guilt of the carbs!
- Prep Time:10 Mins
- Cook Time: 20 Mins
- Total Time: 30 Mins
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- Servings: 8 servings
- Calories: 78 kcal
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 8 cups chicken or turkey broth
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1 cup carrot sliced
- 1 cup celery sliced
- 2 cups chicken or turkey chopped
- 1 zucchini large
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spiralize zucchini using the medium blade (not the very smallest one). Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook onion until tender. Add chicken (if raw) and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth, poultry seasoning, basil, carrot, and celery. Let simmer uncovered about 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in zucchini noodles and let cook 1-2 minutes or just until slightly softened. For firmer noodles, place raw noodles in bowls and ladle hot soup over zucchini noodles. Allow to sit 2 minutes to soften.