Chicken Broccoli Spaghetti Squash Bake
This cozy spaghetti squash bake is loaded with three kinds of cheese and tons of tender broccoli and chicken. You won’t even believe it’s so easy to make AND healthy for you!
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Total Time: 1 Hour
Servings: 8 servings
Calories: 230 kcal
- 1 spaghetti squash halved and baked at 400F 40 minutes until tender
- 1/2 lb chicken breasts cut into 1-in cubes
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Using a fork, scrape out the inside strands of spaghetti squash and place in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, saute chicken, onion, garlic, and broccoli in butter until chicken is no longer pink and broccoli is tender.
- Stir flour into skillet and slowly add milk and cream until smooth. Bring sauce to a low boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally until sauce is thickened. Remove from heat and stir in salt and pepper to taste and Parmesan cheese.
- Pour sauce over spaghetti squash and gently toss until combined. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Spread mixture in a greased 9×13 baking pan and sprinkle top with mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Bake spaghetti squash at 375F 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Remove bake from oven and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Enjoy!